Tokyo, Japan (June, 2017) - Shiseido Company, Limited; Shiseido introduces a new and completely distinctive product range to market, WASO from Brand Shiseido. Designed for Millennials, the range has been crafted with authenticity at its core. Through WASO, Shiseido is redefining beauty – empowering Millennials to feel beautiful in their own skin whatever their gender, nationality, age or status.
WASO leverages the long standing expertise and innovation that Shiseido is known for through its exclusive formulas. The time has come to challenge the status quo and change the conversation about beauty. We believe that true beauty defies stereotypes and we believe in the power of the individual and the power of nature. We believe that all things beautiful come from nature. Introducing WASO, a new product range from skincare experts Brand Shiseido. What does WASO mean? The name WASO is drenched in authentic, Japanese heritage. It originates from a combination of two words, “WA” meaning a Japanese sense of peaceful, harmony, and “SO” meaning inspiration, idea and thought. What is WASO? It is skincare inspired by Japanese aesthetics. WASO is more than just a skincare line for Millennials. The new product line, and the campaign, champions beauty-from-the-inside-out. To celebrate the new approach to beauty, WASO features five unique faces who are the brand’s ambassadors; their unique personalities and positions bring WASO’s counter-culture to life and change the perception of what’s pretty. Shot by Viviane Sassen, the WASO campaign places the new faces in the Japanese wilderness, creating strong images that represent the beautiful force and power of a generation. The contrast of dramatic backdrops with the group of diverse, confident and youthful faces creates a striking and simple portrait that is uniquely WASO. Further propelling WASO’s vision is Julian Klincewicz, creator of the campaign’s video content “on the Road Routine”, whose art consistency challenges creative boundaries. Selected not only because he is a master of many talents - videographer, art designer, fashion designer and creative collaborator – but also because of Shiseido’s dedication to creating an authentic voice for a new generation. At 21 years of age, Julian represents Millennials, the driving force and lifeblood of all that WASO embodies. Dvein, a collaborative collective that pushes the limits of live action and CGI storytelling, helmed by creative directors Teo Guillem and Carlos Pardo are the masterminds behind WASO’s Global Launch film. The film is a celebration of the key ingredients in each of the WASO products. Dvein have created a mesmerizing launch film that puts the ingredients at its heart and showcases them in their natural elements alongside the wonders of technology.
About the Range
Every component of the product’s formula utilizes safe ingredients based on Shiseido’s own unique standards. Patch tests under the supervision of dermatologists have been conducted. Skincare is food for the skin, and we never compromise on its quality. Shiseido has designed a unique method for formulating whole botanical cells into the WASO range, to deliver a total skincare solution, called Whole Cell Release System W. (for moisturizers). Designed to treat the needs of Millennial skin, the product range resolves skincare concerns like dryness, oiliness and visible pores. With Japanese ingredients as key ingredients across the range, WASO products contain:
- Ninjin (carrot) - the moisturizers infused with the power of carrots nourishes skin, and keeps it feeling soft and plump.
- Biwa no ha (loquat leaf) - the moisturizers infused with the power of loquat leaves, hydrate and mattify skin so it has less visible pores and suppresses shine.
- Tofu - the skin smoother infused with the power of soy lecithin, refreshes skin so you can feel its smoothness immediately.
- Shiro-Kikurage (white jelly mushroom) - the lotion infused with the power of white jelly mushroom delivers hydration to plump skin from within the epidermis.
- Hachimitsu (honey) - the cleanser infused with the power of honey removes impurities and refreshes skin, without stripping away essential moisture.
- Clear Mega-hydrating Cream, a specially-formulated, intensely hydrating clear cream with whole carrot cells. Immediately plumps, softens and nourishes your skin throughout the entire day. For use under or over makeup.
- Quick Matte Moisturizer Oil-free, an instantly mattifying, oil-balancing, clear gel emulsion with whole loquat leaf cells. Leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated and less shiny.
- Color-smart Day Moisturizer, a skin-brightening day moisturizer with whole carrot cells. Adeptly changes color to enhance your skin tone, for long lasting hydration and healthy-looking glow.
- SPF30. Color-smart Day Moisturizer oil-free, a skin-brightening, day moisturizer with whole loquat leaf cells. Adeptly changes color to enhance your skin tone, for a matte, healthy-looking glow.
- SPF30. Soft + Cushy Polisher, a skin-refining exfoliating polish. The tofu-like gentle texture clears complexion and leaves your skin silky and smooth.
- Quick Gentle Cleanser, A heavenly refreshing cleanser with honey and royal jelly from bees. The honey-like gel foams without water to remove makeup and impurities, without stripping essential moisture.
- Fresh Jelly Lotion, an epic hydrating lotion with ingredient derived from white jelly mushrooms. The jelly-like texture transforms into lotion on your skin, plumping (the epidermis) from within.
Available in some Asian countries and online in the U.S. from July, with further regions to follow across 2017 and 2018
WASO Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/waso_official/
Shiseido was founded in 1872 as the first Western-style pharmacy in Japan. The business gradually evolved into a cosmetic company, offering people the most advanced technology and finest aesthetics available in the East or the West. Shiseido is the premier cosmetics company with roots in Japan, the name of Shiseido has come to represent the world’s highest standards of quality. Shiseido’s global selection of skincare, makeup and fragrance includes a high-performance category for special skin care, and a brightening line. Shiseido also offers body care, suncare and a skincare line for men. Fiercely contemporary and innovative after 145 years in business, Shiseido is now sold in 88 countries and regions. Product information available at www.shiseido.com.